Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Quick Post, ATCs, Extension 26th May 2009

Actually it's now the 27th, the day Kitty will be born, my new Granddaughter (in case you've been in space and haven't heard). It's going to be a worrying day tomorrow.

Today the builders finished rendering the extension. Phew, it looks much better. It was raining this afternoon so I didn't take a photo. Tomorrow if it's fine. On the week beginning 8th June, if Martin confirms tomorrow, they are going to 'break through' into the existing cottage. We'll really feel we're getting somewhere then. We're going to move out while they do this as it will be one horrible mess!

The postman brought more goodies today. A lovely card from Rachel (LeatherdykeUK) from her and Jasfoup!



















Inside the card was a beautiful painting of - a mosquito!! AAAH! Actually she had painted this the first time I'd been bitten this year, had mislaid it and has just found it again! Here it is:






Isn't it wonderful? In a frightening sort of way!












In case you don't know who Jasfoup is (where HAVE you been?), he's the demon in Rachel's first marvellous novel, An Ungodly Child. It's an excellent first book, full of great characters and demons who drink tea and eat biscuits at every opportunity. Harold is the unlikely 'star' of the plot, a quiet bookshop owner. You can buy it on Amazon. It's a bargain and worth every penny. Just type in Rachel Green and up she'll pop.

The other letter was from Teri in my new 'ABC/ATC Group' of 10. This is the first ATC for the letter 'A' and mine came from the boss Teri who has organised the whole shebang. The ATC came in this lovely card, also by Teri:





Gorgeous








And this is the A from Teri:





I could just take a bite!








By now, the letter 'B' ATCs are whizzing all over the globe. I think I'm probably the last to complete mine. So here it is, before I post it:





It's made out of material and the 3 flowers are card cut outs with a bead in the centre of each. I do hope Laure likes it.












That's it for now, just a quick one today. I might get a photo of a new baby tomorrow. I hope so, if so, I'll post it in the evening.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

11 comments:

DJ Kirkby said...

Wow...I wish stuff like that came through my letterbox! Looking forward to photos of your new grandbaby.

soulbrush said...

today's the day
the kitty day
sing hurray
hurray
hurray.

Heather said...

Love your Busy Bee ATC and the other goodies. Keeping my fingers crossed for Sam and waiting for the glad tidings.

Rachel Green said...

Thank you for the pimpage!

BT said...

Hello Denyse, it's fun going to the postbox now! Will post piccies asap, she was born at 11.04am today.

Thanks soul. She has arrived, 8lb 4oz. All are well.

Thank you Heather. See above re Kitty!

My pleasure Rachel.

Carol said...

Congratulations Gran!! I'm glad to hear that all went well :-)

Beautiful arty things as usual and, like DJ said, I wish I got things through the post like that!! All I get are bills!!

C x

Anonymous said...

Glad to read that Mom and Kitty are doing well. Congratulations to all of you!

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Cant find where I left my comment. Thought it was here. I love your BEE ABC ATC. :)) all the ATCs are wonderful.
YES I LOVED your Garden ATC. Saw all the birds on it too. I opened it while out letting Annie play with the dog next door and Fair saw it and thought it was so cute. She too is a gardener. Thank you soOO much.

BT said...

Thanks so much Carol and Chris and Mildred.

Oh I'm glad you liked the ATC Cris. I thought it appropriate for you! Glad Fair liked it too. She sounds a lovely lady.

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Yes I do. I was going to ask you ..it was signed Gila. Or did I read that wrong? Also I posted it today and someone asked what it was made of. I am not sure what to call those balloons and bird stickers, Maybe you can answer that for them. Sure is cute.
Oh and the Baby sure is a cutie.

BT said...

Oh dear Cris, that's just my bad handwriting, my name is Gina but my 'n' looks like an 'l' sometimes. Apologies! I'll pop over to your blog now.
x