Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Meme from Home Thoughts Weekly, 19th May 2009

'Revenge is Sweet' is what Chris at Home Thoughts Weekly said to me:

What are your current obsessions?

Making ATCs (Artist Trading Cards), little pieces of artwork to be swapped with other ATC makers. It's such fun. Let me know if you'd like any more details..






Here's one of my ATCs - this one went to soulbrush, they're only the size of a playing card.












What are you listening to?

The tinnitus in my ears or

Will Young's 'Let it Go' or Lyric FM Radio, a mix of classical and Irish music.

Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often?
Oh this is a dreadful question for me. The clothes I wear most often are in a drawer. As I'm mostly working in the garden, a disgusting old pair of washed out navy blue jogger bottoms with patches and darns on the knees. Sexy, eh?

What are you reading?
I have just started 'The Bone Garden' by Tess Gerritsen. We're into the realms of skeletons in the garden then back to the 1830s and the gruesome job of the grave robbers - for medical research. It promises to be a good read.

What’s for lunch?
We don't really do lunch. Breakfast is usually our lunch, a bowl of assorted cereals with a cup of tea. A tea or coffee later in the afternoon followed in the evening by dinner.

What makes you helpless with laughter?
Oh, that's a hard one. Usually pretty silly things. My husband and I (I sound like the queen) sometimes fall about over the most ridiculous things. As for comedians, I loved Tommy Cooper and the slapstick sketch of him in a leaking, rocking submarine has me crying with laughter.

What was the last thing you bought?
When I visited the UK recently my daughter in law dropped me off at a fantastic material shop in Bury St Edmunds. I bought ribbons, butterflies, cord, bias binding, cotton, some gorgeous rainbow material, a 'Kitty' button, etc, etc, etc.

Favourite plant of the moment?
Oh now that really is impossible. I love all the plants in my garden. OK, Alchemilla Mollis. I just love it, green leaves, green flowers and the raindrops resting in the leaves look magical. Oh, and my Judas Tree, which managed to produce some flowers this year for the first time but the cold snap has removed most of them. Top marks for trying though.




Judas Tree Flowers before they fell off












Alchemilla Mollis after the rain. Click on it for the full 'raindrop' effect









Guilty pleasure?
Chocolate. Oh, and chocolate. And maybe a bit of chocolate. And the odd Magnum ice cream.

If you were a dog, which one would you be?
I'd be a large black standard poodle. Intelligent, good looking and with black curly hair!

Sum yourself up in a sentence
Great sense of humour, would be artist, photographer, critical of myself, deaf and sometimes depressed.

What's Your Best Time of the Day?
Mine is the afternoon/evening/night. I'm a bit of a night owl. Well, it's 3.40am now so that's a bit of a give away!

The Rules
Respond and rework. Answer questions on your own blog. Replace one question. Add one question. Tag some people.

Right, now then, who can I tag??
soulbrush, because she always tags me,
Marianne
Mildred from Nalley Valley
Renee
A Gardener in Progress and of course anyone else who'd like to join in. Go on, it's fun!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading about you! So, you like chocolate, huh???? I'll try to play along soon! Have a nice day.

Jason said...

Your never a poodle. lol. Very good.

OK, I'll have a go.

x

BT said...

Thanks Mildred, I'll look forward to yours.

Only the looks Jason! And the intelligence of course! I'll enjoy seeing yours too.

Teri said...

I LOVE your ATC! Interesting to learn more about you.

I am mailing your 'A' today. Not sure how lone it takes to get there but I am guessing at least a week.

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Oh a lovely ATC you did.
Did you ever get my ATC I sent?

BT said...

Teri, I'm so glad. You must have wonderfed whether I could make a decent fist of them!! I usually collage as I'm not a painter.

Hi Cris, do you know, I don't think it has arrived yet. That's ages, isn't it? I've just checked my album and it definitely hasn't arrived. So sorry Cris.

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

OH dear. I do hope it gets there. I am sure I put your address down right. I sent it on the day you left for the UK I think. or the next day.

Jinksy said...

How adorable was your little elephant on that red background? Quick- hancuff me and sellotape my mouth before I ask for instructions...

Carol said...

I love your ATC...the elephant is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Great answers to the meme too....I might just steal that one when I'm having a 'Don't know what to blog about' day :-)

C x

Heather said...

I love your elephant ATC and the Judas tree. The flowers are so dainty and it's leaves are a lovely shape. Alchemilla mollis is a favourite of mine too, though it is a bit pushy sometimes.

Rachel Green said...

Lovely answers

Deepa Gopal said...

Your atcs are brilliant and vibrant!!! Can't take my eyes off it. Wonderful Work, BT!

marianne said...

Oeps I see you tagged me......
I will do it later this week I hope
Fun to read!
LOve the ATC you made for Soul!

soulbrush said...

yippppeeee , yes that beauty is mine now...and you are a little devil to tag me...tee hee. here i go again...will do it right now... hugs.

BT said...

Thank you Jinksy. It's one of the favourite's I've made so far.

Carol and Chris, thanks. I put it on for just that reason!!

Hello Heather, I love alchemilla for that very reason, it pops up out of paving stones and all over the place! The Judas Tree leaves are beautiful, aren't they? They're so glossy and an unusual shape too.

Thanks Rachel

Deepaz, I'm honoured by your compliment.

Thanks marianne. let me know when you do the meme.

ha ha soulbrush, I am, aren't I? Got you back again....

aurbie said...

Beautiful ATC. I cant sew a button on, but I so enjoy seeing the crafts of others.

Nice photos, too, especially the tiny pink flowers.

BT said...

Patty, good to see you. Many thanks for your comment. I'm off to see you now!

DK said...

lovely entry momma ~smiles~ some smashing comments too!