Friday, August 1, 2008

More Rain, Mad Dog, Decorated Frame, 31.7.08

Well the rain has returned with avengance today. I did take Buster for a walk down to Kevin's house as it wasn't too bad at that point. Buster was a bit manic all day so I thought it might calm him down. I called on Peter and Linda, another couple of 'blow-ins' from the UK. They spend much of their time away in France, the UK or Spain but Kevin had told me they were due back. They live next to him right on the shore of Loch Graney in a new-ish bungalow. Last year we went to a barbecue there. They asked me in for coffee so I kept Buster on a lead by my side. He climbed up on my lap after a while and fell asleep, snoring away oblivious to our conversation. All very pleasant.

As I walked up the hill, Millie, our neighbours Jo and Hilary's' d
og charged up to Buster with Danny, their eldest son, following behind. Millie, a cocker spaniel, loves the water and had been for a swim in the lake! We walked back together and the 2 dogs had a wonderful time chasing each other around the fields. I put Buster back on the lead to take him the last bit to our gate and 2 minutes later, Millie appeared! The played some more but Buster collapsed on a chair, so Millie was bored and trotted off down the lane to her home.

We spent some time sorting out our entries into the Gort Show, as the en
tries and money had to be handed in by Friday. Jim filled in the forms and took them into Gort. Now we have to get all the stuff ready.

This afternoon and evening I decorated the picture frame that Jim had made for me. I t
hink it's ok. We'll see. I'm going to do another one, but Jim has to make it yet. The monetary prizes are better this year, so we may do ok. How mercenary are we?

Jim did some shopping and didn't get back until quite late. Buster had a totally mad session and was driving us both nuts, so Jim put him in the conservatory to calm down. Buster showed his displeasure by leaving a large poo on the floor. Then when we took our dinner into the snug (he's not allowed in there), he weed in the kitchen. AAAAH! He's been so good this week, no accidents, but he hates the rain and won't go out in it unless you make him! Bloomin' dogs.

Here's the finished frame, minus photo as yet, as requested by Rachel.
















It has a seaside theme, as you can see (I hope)














Bottom left hand corner of frame














Bottom right hand corner of frame



















Sandy wasn't at all impressed















Buster thought maybe he could eat it!






4 comments:

Rachel Green said...

It looks super!
I hope you win!

Thanks for posting it.

Olga/Maddie said...

The photo frame looks wonderful. *big smile*

And it kind of goes with Sandy's colouring. *BG*

Hope that Buster has calmed down now.

And also, I wish you both the best at the upcoming show. *big big smile*

Hope that you and yours are doing all right, that things are going okay, and that the rest of the day goes all right for you all.

God bless and take care. :).
Olga/Maddie

BT said...

Thanks Rachel and Olga. I hope it wins too!

Olga/Maddie said...

You're very welcome, Gina. *big smile*

Hope that you and yours are doing all right, that things are going okay, and that the rest of the day goes all right for you all.

God bless and take care. :).
Olga/Maddie