Thursday, July 10, 2008

Stormy Day, Buster bolts! 9th July 08

Drizzly morning, no accidents from Buster overnight. Excellent stuff. Had a long bath, eating my bowl of cereal and drinking tea while I was in it! Luxury.

Did some more of the parking area. Pete and Sandra drove off in their car and Buster whined! 10 minutes later I couldn't find him. Searched all over the place, then realised he must have followed the car. Headed down the lane to Jo and Hilarys' house and there was Buster, on a lead ready to be brought back home. Luckily they didn't mind as it gives their dog Millie some exercise! I took Buster home and he looked miserable as I was cross. I tried to block up his exits but it's almost impossible. Still, he remained in close proximity for the rest of the afternoon thankfully.

Decided as my little fire had been so successful to light another one today. It was going nicely and I'd done quite a bit of weeding when it started to thunder and lightening. No rain. Carried on blithely. Then of course the heavens opened! I had to get the motor wheelbarrow inside, get washing off the line, take in the tools and was soaked to the skin!! Buster had dived under Jim's car and wouldn't come out! I managed to tempt him out and scooped him up and took him inside! Much towelling and he was ok. He didn't like the storm one bit.

I spent the rest of the afternoon doing my ATCs. Really enjoying it. Jim was due home at midnight but his plane was delayed and he eventually got here around 1am. Much chatting and here we are. Not much else to report. To bed.

2 comments:

Rachel Green said...

I'm glad you got Buster back!

DK said...

omgoodness - you must have had a real fright with Buster's flight! ~hugs~