Monday, March 29, 2010

29 March 2010 Rabbit Hole Challenge from Bea

Down the Rabbit Hole with Bea - 5 Week Challenge

CLUE NUMBER 2 - DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE BLIND CHALLENGE WITH BEA

Below is the next stage of my Rabbit Hole challenge from Bea. We were asked to add a backing (felt or batting) to the back of our piece/s and quilt it on using various stitches.


I have done 2 pieces for some reason! This is the main side of the first. I added thin batting to the back and used some stitches I haven't used before on my sewing machine. It's rather subtle, but I'm quite pleased with it. On the back (below) you can see the machined stitches:


Here is my second piece. I must admit I've been rather tentative with it, because I love the piece as it was! Still, I hand stitched running stitches in different colours around it. I know, I'm a bit conservative in my approach sometimes:

Again, below is the back so show just the stitching. It was hard to stitch as the texture of the piece is now like leather!


So that's it so far. Today Bea has given us Part 3 and we have to chop it all up and all sorts. AAAAH!! I will try and post my efforts on Friday, which is the due date for 'getting it done'.

9 comments:

DK said...

oops, no pictures worked?

marianne said...

It looks great!
You have to cut this beauty up....? Ahhhh

Have a nive week BT!

BT said...

Lots of pictures on my next post K. Don't panic!!

Thanks Marianne.

studio lolo said...

Gina, O-M-G that header!!!!!!

This is where you live? It's magical!

I love the piece you're working on. I can't sew worth beans!

Bea said...

OOOoh, I like it! TRUST ME, you are going to have fun with this after you cut it up, Honest, would this face lie? :)Bea

BT said...

Thanks Bea, as I explained via email, the header is of Lough Graney on a particularly still day. It's 2 minutes from us.

Glad you like my pieces.

Bea my friend. Trust you? Hmm, I'll have to think about that one!

DK said...

oh great stuff, they're working now! :D super, and I know just how yummy that second piece feels too! ;-)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It will be interesting to see what you come up with.

Deborah said...

Cutting it up is hard. I'm looking forward to seeing how yours turns out!