Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mainly The Deenery Garden/Flowers/Photos

I've been very bad at blogging lately but it's just so busy at the moment. We now have a little stream of visitors coming from the end of July so we're trying to get the place ship shape.

Yesterday, I went out into the garden very early as I knew rain was expected later. I thought it's been a while since I took some flower photos, so here goes:


2 of these gorgeous bulbs have popped up in the hosta bed and neither Jim nor I know what it is. Anyone know?

Phlox


Fabulous daisies


White poppies

Red and white poppy


Yellow scabious


Montbretia 'Lucifer' It really is that red.


Perennial lobelia - another stunning red.


A pretty pink wild flower


Don't these hollyhock buds look wonderful? They look almost alien.


The mallow are all covered in flowers but some have fallen over with the weather.

A super raggy white poppy. Doesn't the centre look intriguing?


This very dark poppy came out today - it had just stopped raining when I took this.


This viola had almost died - it seems happy now.


A black sunflower which isn't in flower yet, but I just love the leaves.

Roses


We rescued this lovely white rose from a little bed that used to be in the centre of our old lawn - before the builders removed it.


One of the oldest roses and the most successful - Peace.


This pink rose bush hasn't stopped flowering all Summer. The Peace bush is behind it.


A perfect rose bud


Purple loosestrife


The statuesque yarrow always makes a statement.


Part of The Deenery front garden and car parking area.


Steps lead up to the parking area.


The new rockery, the steps and cottage to the right.


This is a mini rockery I made up by our gate. Note my cup on the wall! The barbed wire at the top is the boundary of a farmer's field.


The Deenery back garden - the first part.


The arboretum.

I think I'd better stop there. As you can see, there is a lot going on at the moment. I have also been clearing our road - see how posh it looks now:


I haven't done the right hand side yet! There, it's just a case of snipping back the brambles and nettles.

I hope everyone's having a good week.

15 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your guests are going to be amazed at the beauty you and Jim have created here. It all looks gorgeous. You have such a lovely variety of flowers. The road looks very welcoming with its trim.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I have been calling for tea with a walk around the garden. Every flower is so magnificent. Truly, it must be magical to drive up in front of this paradise you and Jim have created. I also love the header photo of Buster with the cow. Buster has such lovely eyes. Thanks for sharing your home and best wishes with your guests - enjoy!

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Love love love your header. What a great shot.
I tried to find some Montbretia Lucifer 'red' and could only find an orange flower. Bummer. we see it around here but cant buy it.
Your property is looking wonderful. No wonder you have had no time to blog. Lots to tame there. Enjoy your company.

PAK ART said...

The Deenery Greenery is looking beautiful! I love your gardens and rocks - it is all so natural looking and yet I know you've put some much time and effort into making it look effortless!

Jason said...

All looking lovely. Love the roses.

xx

Rachel Green said...

How wonderful it all looks!

DK said...

Fabby post!

Loved especially all the poppies (save me some seeds please!) and the montbretia Lucifer.

Sooo looking forward to seeing you again, hope we didn't plonk ourselves amidst too many visitors so you get too pooped!! xxx

Heather said...

That mystery white flower is amazing - it's a cross between and orchid and a lily. The hollyhock buds are far nicer than aliens! Your garden is looking stunning and all the other flower pics are beautiful. I love the little natural rockery by the gate. Your guests have a real treat in store.

BT said...

Hi Lisa, I do hope so! The road is greatly improved and you don't get hit by brambles now!

Hello Mildred, what a lovely comment. I only show you the best bits you know, there are plenty of grotty bits too! Buster has got lovely eyes and ginger eyelashes too! He's a lunatic though. Love to you, John and Harriett.

Hello Cris, so glad you like the header. Can I send you some lucifer bulbs? Is that legal??

I'm looking forward to having company again - it's been a while.

Patty, thank you. I love our rocks too, except when I have to move them!

Hi Jason, I thought you'd like the roses.

Hi Rachel, thank you.

K, I will save you some poppy seeds of course. I have a little bag here of seeds for Rachel - you can take them back with you. Some white cornflower and a very pretty, raggy small carnation.

No problem about your visit, the more the merrier!

Heather, thank you for the lovely comments. I'm glad you liked the hollyhock buds. I don't think I've noticed them at that stage before. I like my little rockery by the gate - it was such a mess there and all falling down, so I attacked it! Love to you and yours, Gina.

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

BT, I dont know if its legal or not to send bulbs. I do know we can bring plants from California to oregon but we cant take them to California. I would love some. Maybe your post office would tell you. My neighbor and I have looked all over for those Lucifers. :))

The Weaver of Grass said...

Those poppies are gorgeous Gina - and is that first rose Gertrude Jekyll?
But most of all - what a fantastic header - Buster and the Heifer - almost a good enough title for a childrens' book!

BT said...

I've emailed you Cris!

Hello Pat, I'm not sure about that rose, all the labels wore off, but it could be. I have the carboard names somewhere so I'll try and check. Buster and the Heifer sounds wonderful!! Everyone seems to like the photo - though I took it last year. The sun is a-shining now - wonderful!

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

I sent you an email back as I never received your email so that should give you my email address. Cris

Lona said...

Hi BT. Wow, what beautiful blooms you have now in your garden. All of those gorgeous roses and poppies. I love the red and white poppy. That is a new one that I have never saw and I love the frilly white one. Just Gorgeous. I love the mystery flower. It looks like a lily of some kind but I am clueless LOL!
Have a wonderful weekend!

róże pnące said...

super blog, wspaniałe róże