Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Daughter and Granddaughter's Visit - Galway +

We decided to go to Galway for the day as if the weather wasn't good, there are plenty of places to dive into for cover! We walked down to the lake first, as Jim wanted to look under the car, and it was so windy there it almost blew me off the fishing stand!


This was the sky on the way down to Lough Graney! What a sky.


Lina and K both had lollies!

Kevin the farmer was outside his barn and this little chap was too. He was about 10 days old:

How cute is he?
This is 'dad', but he wasn't interested in his progeny, just the food!

The familiar view (to most of you) of the fishing stand with Flagmount behind. Choppy waters!

I ventured a little way out and took this shot of 2 rather chilly people!! Lina and K.


K doing her 'I see no ships' pose!

Eventually we set off for Galway, stopping in Gort to buy Lina a drink. I spotted these donkeys and ponies on rough ground near the river:

They seem to have plenty of food. The donkey came over to chat!


I want a donkey!! K then called from the shop doorway and asked if I'd like an ice cream. Oh yes, Magnum time.

Now the photos are taking ages to load tonight and I'm really tired - and we still haven't reached Galway. Tomorrow, I promise.

8 comments:

aims said...

Looks like you are having a lot of fun!

Ice cream - I've been craving some for ages now and there's none in the house! Drats!

PAK ART said...

what a wonderful visit with wonderful people. I like the "no ships" pose. It looks like someone from my family. We are always goofing around like that. That little white calf is adorable.

Jason said...

Sounds like your having a job keeping up! Take less pictures..lol

Looks cold! Brrrr..Expecially iwth a magnum! x

Mim said...

Love the donkeys and look forward to the Galway photos. It's been years since I've been there, and just loved that city

Heather said...

That sky looked so menacing. Great photos, but too cold for icecream! The little calf makes you feel you should become a vegetarian.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It looks like you are having too much fun. Love that little calf. Such a sweet face.

DK said...

super pictures, I snaffled several! Loved the lolly sticks :D

Love you momma xxx

BT said...

Thanks for the comments everyone. I've emailed most of you. K, I loved the lolly one too.