Monday, November 5, 2007

Box Fest and Decorating

So, it was off to the Co-op again to get some more boxes. They were most helpful today and had just opened a load of crisps, so I had those boxes and 6 banana boxes, which are very strong and great for books. I had to go to the tip first to get rid of the remaining green chair from Ireland (a well travelled chair it is). Plus 2 old computer monitors.

Just heard the first firework of the night. Of course, it is the 5th today. Remember, remember the 5th of November and all that.

Where was I? Oh yes, called in at the dentist to book appointments for Jim and I next Tuesday. Took my hoover with the broken switch to a local repair shop. I must say it's so convenient here with all the shops locally, rather than having to travel the length and breadth of Ireland each time we need something other than food.

Back home, I set about the large bay window in the bedroom. I sanded it down, quite a job and I ended up with totally grey hair, a bunged up nose and throat and glasses I could no longer view through! So I'm having a little break for the dust to settle.

Saw the children from next door today, Verity and Max. Lovely to see them again. They were full of laughter and chatter.

For now,
x

No comments: